An Explanation on Islands in the NeoWorld and the EOSLAND

中文版本 (Chinese Version):

Introduction of the Islands in the NeoWorld

There are currently three types of islands in the NeoWorld, namely, Giant Islands, Cluster of Islands and Independent Islands.

Giant Islands are usually managed by large institutions, such as the foundation of a public blockchain, which operates the entire island, manages the island’s currency and provides the initial mining pool for the island. A giant island may be further segregated into different districts, which are progressively opened according to the development index of the island. All districts share the same currency and one single mining pool. Giant Islands and the main continents of NeoWorld are connected in terms of transportation as well as trade routes.

A Cluster of Islands is typically used for a DPOS-based public blockchain (which is comprised of many supernodes) or other forms of alliance or association of public blockchains. A Cluster of Islands comprises of many islands, each representing a supernode of the DPOS-based public blockchain, or a member of the alliance. Each supernode or member blockchain is severally responsible for the setup, operation and the initial mining pool of its own island. All islands under the Cluster have one unified currency, but mining pools of the islands are managed separately. Each island within the Cluster of Islands are inter-connected with one another in terms of transportation as well as trade routes, and are connected with the main continents of NeoWorld.

Giant Islands and Clusters of Islands will be based on public blockchain and utilise the blockchain’s technology to issue a new type of rare ore. Rare ore of the islands will be key to the economic growth of the islands. In addition, core transaction records will be synchronized on the blockchain.

Independent Islands are open for all projects, institutions or social groups. The currency and the corresponding mining pool of an independent island can be designed by its operating entity. Initially, independent islands are not connected with the main continents of the NeoWorld in terms of transportation and trade, until the island is mature enough, e.g. its development index reaching a desired level.


EOSLAND is a Cluster of Islands and comprises of 21 islands. Each island is operated by a EOS node, which supplies the initial EOS mining pool. The size of the island correlates with the size of the initial mining pool. Each island’s mining pool is independently managed and not shared.

The first island of EOSLAND is the Island of Eoslambdacom.  The Island of Eoslambdacom has a size of 400 pieces of lands (20×20) and an initial mining pool of 10,000 EOS. Subsequently, islands under EOSLAND will opened according to the sequence of applications, and no new island of EOSLAND will be opened after the 21st island. In the future, EOS nodes operating EOSLAND islands can transfer the management rights of the islands.

All island of EOSLAND will use EOS as the main currency. Concurrently, a new type of rare ore, ERO (EOSLAND Rare Ore) will be issued based on EOS blockchain. ERO will be used as a type of building material for constructions in the EOSLANDs and will generate EOS rights points. ERO will be traded on decentralised exchanges in the future.

ERO has a total supply of 21 million. Each island of EOSLAND will have 1 million ERO and will be activated at the time the island is opened. 95% of the 1 million ERO will be produced by constructing ERO collection factories on the island and the remaining 5% will be held in custody by the operating EOS node for the purpose of launching events or other on-going campaigns.

Auction of the First EOSLAND

The first EOSLAND: Island of Eoslambdacom will be having its land auction on 12:00, 8th March 2019 (UTC +8).

The details of the auction rules of EOSLAND and the launching event will be released next week. Please refer to the official website for more details.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *