IOSTLAND will Open at 18:00 11th June (UTC +8)
The first week will be in beta test mode. If we found serious fault we will take maintenance immediately. There are special rules during beta test:
1. There will be resource plants on all parcels. All players could collect materials from the plants. There is a small chance to get high-tech material in this process. When the resource is collected, the owner of the parcel will automatically receive extra resources. The wish “快马加鞭” will take effect during collection.
2. In first 3 days of opening, there will be event “Candy War” from 20:00 – 20:30. The players could collect candies from IOST trees, and put it into the IOST baskets. The award will be based on the ranking according to the amount to put. Please refer to the detailed announcement ont the event.
3. In beta test, the wharf tax is as following: 0.25 IOST per normal material, and 25 IOST per high tech material. After beta test the tax will be with floating rate based on development value and local material production.
Relation between IOSTLAND and NeoWorld
IOSTLAND is a gaint island at outside of NeoWorld mainland. There are 9 territories in total. The resources and enconomies on each territory are independent. At the first stage only 900 parcels in first territory are available. The opening plan of remaining territories will depend on the development of the first territory.
The islands are part of NeoWorld. The gaint islands, cluster of Islands and independent Islands, together with the mainland, forms the virtual world. The players could transport among the mainland and different islands.
The mainland is consist of several continents, and most of the players will be born from there. On the mainland many types of utility buildings are available, to provide different services to the players. In addition, the players could create various game assets, play grounds and games. The continents are managed by wonder and lord system. The currency on mainland is NASH.
The islands are funded and operated by third parties. The core target is to provide their community members a virtual interactive channel to communicate, and for the project team to publish their latest updates. The lands and resources on islands are limited and so more expensive. The players could build factory, business building, utility building and decoration buildings on islands, and import materials from wharfs. The currency on the islands are appointed by the corresponding operational team.
Transportation in current Version
The transportation system in blue-print is still under development. In current version, the players could travel between mainland and IOSTLAND in following way:
1) From NeoWorld to IOSTLAND
The player on mainland could go to “Holy Grail” (at the newbie town at center of the first continent, at coordination 0,0) to teleport to IOSTLAND. There is “IOST” label on the IOST teleportation platform. The players who is holding “IOSTLAND Pass Permit” will teleport for free, otherwise 1000 NASH will be charged.
2) From IOSTLAND to NeoWorld
The player could teleport to NeoWorld from IOSTLAND from the “Teleportation Platform”. Tthe player who is holding “IOSTLAND Pass Permit” will teleport for free, otherwise 20 IOST will be charged.
The Parcels on IOSTLAND
In current version only the first territory is opened. There are 30 x 30 parcels in total. Part of the parcels has been sold out during the land auction. The remaining parcels could be bought after the island opens. The price is 10,000 IOST for all types of parcels. 70% of the income will go to the mining pool.
There are different types of parcels.
Ordinary Parcels (2 types):
- Empty Parcel: The parcel is completely empty and only with initial resource plants.
- Parcel with Villa: There is 1 villa and corresponding decoration buildings pre-built on the parcel. The owner could re-layout the parcel freely. In addition, the owner will get “IOSTLAND Pass Permit (Permanent)” for each Parcel with Villa bought.
|The Holy Place||1. Owner could build special buildings with special functions
2. 30% add-on for fixed-income of business buildings
3. 20% add-on for IRO production
4. Owner will get special building “Teleportation Platform”
5. Owner will get special building “Monument”
|CBD||1. Owner could build special buildings with special functions
2. 20% add-on for fixed-income of business buildings
|Dock||1. Owner can build wharf and airport
2. 10% add-on for fixed-income of business buildings
|RO-Enhanced||1. 10% add-on for IRO production
2. Owner will get free 2 IRO factories
|Hi-Tech Enhanced||1. 10% add-on for hi-tech material production
2. Owner will get 2 free hi-tech factories
|Timber Enhanced||30% add-on on timber production|
|Stone Enhanced||30% add-on on stone production|
|Steel Enhanced||30% add-on on steel production|
The owner could put parcels owned as “on sale” (only when there is no building on the parcel). Other players could buy the parcels “on sale”. There will be 5% of stamp fee for the trade, and 70% of the stamp fee will go to the mining pool.
The player could opening “Map” and teleport to anther parcel buy paying IOST.
The IOST Mining Pool
The players could mine IOST from the mining pool by building and operating the business buildings (refer to “Business Building section”). The initial value of the mining pool is 3695705 IOST. A certain ratio of construction cost and stamp fee will be put into the mining pool during the development process of the island.
The Release Cycle
7% of the current mining pool will be released for every 7 days, as one release cycle. During one release cycle, 1/7 of the the quota will be release on each day. The unused part of the quota will be returned to the mining pool.
Returning to Mining Pool
The following will be returned to the mining pool:
Wharf: 95% of the construction cost, 70% of the tax
Business Building: 95% of the construction cost, 70% of the trading price (the trading is not open yet)
Factory: 95% of the construction cost, 70% of the auction price, 95% of the renovation cost
Special Building: 95% of the construction cost, 70% of the tax.
Industries and Industry Values
There are four types of business buildings: Manufacture, Commercial, Cultural and Service. Each of the type will get 1/4 of the mining pool. The industrial value of each type of business buildings is different, and the industrial value will affect the development value of the territory and the contribution value of the owner.
Total Available Quota
There is a total available quota for the business buildings. The quota will be increased when the development value of the islands increases. When the quota is hit, no one could build this type of the building any more until the quota increases next time. The mapping is as following:
|Development Value||Max Amount (Each Industry)|
IOST Right Point
The construction of business building will consume IOST right points (Refer to “IOST Right Point” Section). The first business building that built by each player will not cost right point, and from the second one on, each building will cost 50 right points.
Note: If the first building was put into warehouse and then put back to the parcel, it will be considered as new building and 50 right points will be consumed.
Construction of the business building will cost 4000 IOST, and the building will be in “Under Construction” mode. Certain amount of materials must be put into the building to complete the construction. The materials could be put by the owner or any other player.
- 95% of the daily mining quota will be the pool of industry. Each industry will have 1/4 of the pool. For each industry, the pool will be distributed based on the players’ business value of the day.
- Business building will generate Business Value (BV). The owner could collect BV from business buildings. On 24:00 every day, the system will distribute IOST based on the collected BV for all players. If the total BV does not exceed the total amount in mining pool, the players will get 0.024 IOST for each BV. Otherwise, the IOST will be distributed to all BVs equally. After distribution the BV of the day will be reset to 0.
- There are 2 types of Business Values: Fixed BV and Assist BV. The building will generate fixed BV every hour, and there is a max number of stored BV for each building. If the stored BV hit the limit, the generation will pause until the player collects BV. Other players could “Work” in the building and each “Work” will increase the assist BV of the building. During the distribution of IOST, the fixed BV and assist BV take same weight in calculation.
- Destructing of building will have the IOST right points returns, but not for any other types of resources.
- 5% of the daily mining quota will be pool of assist, and will be distributed based on assist value.
- When the player works in other’s building, it will consume “Energy” and “Happiness” and get assist value. If the owner set subsidy, the worker will get extra reward.
- The energy will recover by “Relax” in apartment.
- The happiness will recover by:
- “Relax” in apartment
- Recover in special buildings in CBD (chargeable)
- Use items which could recover happiness
- There is a limit for times to work. Every time when some one works in this building, the time will reduce by 1, and corresponding BV will be added in the building.
- The owner could level up the business buildings. Leveling up will consume materials. After leveling up, the industry value, the increase rate of fixed BV and assiste BV will be improved. The max allowed level depends on the current development value of the island. The detailed mapping is as following:
Lv Timber Stone Steel Hi-Tech Industry Value BV/Hour BV/Work Default Work Time Lv1 100 100 100 0 150 21 14 100 Lv2 200 200 200 2 220 26 17 100 Lv3 230 230 230 4 263 30 20 100 Lv4 260 260 260 6 307 37 25 100 Lv5 290 290 290 8 350 66 44 100 Lv6 370 370 370 10 394 77 52 100 Lv7 450 450 450 12 437 89 59 100 Lv8 530 530 530 14 481 124 83 100 Lv9 610 610 610 16 524 141 94 100 Lv10 690 690 690 18 568 160 107 100 Lv11 840 840 840 20 611 208 139 100 Lv12 990 990 990 22 655 232 155 100 Lv13 1140 1140 1140 24 698 258 172 100 Lv14 1290 1290 1290 26 742 314 209 100 Lv15 1440 1440 1440 28 785 347 232 100 Lv16 1690 1690 1690 30 829 383 256 100 Lv17 1940 1940 1940 32 872 440 293 100 Lv18 2190 2190 2190 34 916 483 322 100 Lv19 2440 2440 2440 36 959 528 352 100 Lv20 2690 2690 2690 38 1003 593 395 100 Lv21 2720 2720 2720 40 1046 645 430 100 Lv22 2750 2750 2750 42 1090 699 466 100 Lv23 2780 2780 2780 44 1133 778 519 100 Lv24 2810 2810 2810 46 1177 889 593 100 Lv25 2840 2840 2840 48 1220 974 649 100
- After each successful leveling up, there will be a cooling down time before next leveling up. The player could cool down immediately by paying IOST. The cost is 100 IOST / hour. The cool down time is as following:
Level Cool Down Time (Minutes) Lv1-2 0 Lv2-3 1 Lv3-4 5 Lv4-5 10 Lv5-6 20 Lv6-7 20 Lv7-8 30 Lv8-9 30 Lv9-10 60 Lv10-11 60 Lv11-12 90 Lv12-13 120 Lv13-14 240 Lv14-15 480 Lv15-16 720 Lv16-17 960 Lv17-18 1200 Lv18-19 1440 Lv19-20 1440 Lv20-21 1440 Lv21-22 2160 Lv22-23 2160 Lv23-24 2160 Lv24-25 2880
Depreciation and Renovation
The business buildings will deprecate for every 10 days. The depreciation level will be 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% correspondingly. After depreciation, the business value will be lowered down accordingly. Renovation will consume materials based on building level and depreciation level.
Table: Normal Material Cost
Table: High-Tech Material Cost
Total Available Quota
There is a total available quota for the factory. The quota will be increased when the development value of the islands increases. When the quota is hit, no one could build this type of the building any more until the quota increases next time. After certain stage, the players need to auction for the factories. The mapping is as following:
IOST Right Point
The construction of factory will consume IOST right points (Refer to “IOST Right Point” Section). Each normal factory will consume 10 right points, and each high-tech factory will consume 100 right points.
Construction of normal factories will cost 300 IOST each, and 5000 IOST for high-tech factory.
Production of Materials
The factories will produce materials from time to time. If the factory is built on parcels with enhanced, the production period will be reduced accordingly. The owner need to collect materials before the factory storage limit is hit.
By default, the normal factory will produce 2 materials per hour, and the storage limit is 120; high tech factory will produce 1 material per hour, and the storage limit is 10.
Depreciation and Renovation
The factories will depreciate every 10 days, and the depreciation level will be halved. After depreciation the production rate will be lowered down.
The player can renovate the normal factories with IRO. The amount consumed is:
The player can renovate the high-tech factories with normal materials. The amount consumed is:
Destruction and Sale
The destruction of factory will get the right points returned, but not any other resources.
In future version the sale of factories will be opened. After the factory is sold, the right points will be returned as well.
Wharf could be built on “Port” parcels on IOSTLAND. All players could import materials (owned by the player itself on mainland) to IOSTLAND.
- The wharf could only be built on “Port” parcels.
- Construction of wharf will consume 4000 IOST and several materials.
- At most one wharf is allowed on each parcel.
Importing of Materials
- Wharf Throughput: The (daily) throughput of a wharf is fixed. The owner could set the personal throughput which could only be used by him/herself (there is an upper limit in ratio and the ratio could be vary in different areas). The remaining throughput will be open to public.
- Personal Throughput: It is the limit of all the throughput a specific player transport in all wharf of that area in that day. The value depends on the bidding result at 00:00 (UTC +8) everyday.
- Consumption of throughput: When the owner transport good at his/her own wharf, if there is remaining personal throughput, the personal throughput will be consumed. At that time, it will not consume the personal throughput of the player. In any other case, the same amount of public throughput of the wharf and personal throughput of the player will be consumed. If any of the above is not enough, the transportation will not be done. The throughput consumption to transport different goods are different: 1 for 1 ordinary material, and 100 for 1 high-tech material.
- Recovery of throughput: The private throughput and public throughput will be fully recovered at 00:00, 08:00, 16:00 UTC+8. If the owner changed the private throughput value, it will take effect at next recovery time. The personal throughput will be recalculated once per day. For all types of throughput, the remaining value will be invalidated when next recovery/re-calculation happens.
When the player import materials, two types of fees will occur:
- The global tariff (fixed)
- The transportation fee set by the wharf owner.
The owner could set the transportation fee at the management panel of wharf.
IOST Right Point
All players will have IOST right points on IOSTLAND. It is related to IRO that locked by the player. It will affect the max number of business buildings and factories allowed for the player, and the personal throughput of the wharf.
Obtaining Right Point
Player could lock IRO to obtain right points. The more the IRO is locked, the more right points are obtained. The right points could be released to unlock IRO.
Consumption of Right Point
The construction of business building and factory will consume right points. The building could not be constructed if no enough right points available. The right points will be returned when the building/factory is destructed.
The full name of IRO is IOSTLAND Rare Ore. It is a rare resources only available on IOSTLAND, and it is driving factor of IOSTLAND.
The maximum offering of IRO is 10 million. Each territory of IOSTLAND have 1 million of quota. When a new territory is opened, the quota is released. For each territory, 95% of the IRO will be produced by IRO factory; 5% will be pre-issued to the operational team for the events.
The player could build IRO factory to produce IRO, or buy IRO from RO Exchange. The IRO/NASH pair will open when IOSTLAND opens.
Total Available Quota
There is a total available quota for the IRO factory. The quota will be increased when the development value of the islands increases. When the quota is hit, no one could build IRO factory any more until the quota increases next time. The mapping is as following:
|IRO Factory||Development Value||Max Amount|
The maximum allowed number of IRO factories for each player is decided by the contribution value of the player. The mapping is as following:
|Contribution Value||Max Number of Factories|
Construction of each IRO factory will consume 12000 IOST
The IRO production rate depends on the development value of each territory. The details are:
|Development Value||Daily Production|
|above 6,500,000||1% of the pool|
At 24:00 (UTC +8), the system will distribute IRO based on the total weight of the IRO factories. The default weight of each IRO factory is 1.
- If the total weight is below the daily production, each weight will get 1 IRO
- Otherwise IRO will be evenly distributed based on weight.
Depreciation and Renovation
The IRO factory will depreciate every 10 days. The depreciation levels are 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% correspondingly. The factory could be renovated by consuming materials:
The owner of CBD could build special utility buildings on CBD. The utility building could supply special services to players. The owner could set the service fee.
Building in Current Version
- Happiness Recovery Building: Players could recover happiness
- Material Exchange: Players could exchange materials
Construction and Use
- At most one special building could be built on each parcel
- At most one building could be built for each type, for each player.
- There is a number of use for the building. The number will recover over time. No one could use the utility if the number is 0.
Player could “Award” others with NASH or other currencies.
- The player could “Award” others with IOST. 5% transaction fee will be charged and 70% will return to mining pool.
- If the player is in mainland, the default option is NASH. Player could switch to IOST. If the player is in IOSTLAND, the default option is IOST, and the player could switch to NASH.
Auction of Factories
If the territory development value reaches the next milestone, the auction for new material factory, high-tech factory and IRO factory will open. The details are:
- If the development value reaches milestone and there is new quota released at 00:00 (UTC+8), the auction will start at 12:00 (UTC+8). The auction will last for 24 hours.
- The auction will be in close bid mode, i.e, the bidding price of other players will not be shown. After the auction finishes, the system will distribute quota from the highest price to lower price. When the price is same, the earlier bid will win.
- The corresponding IOST will be frozen when a bid is put. After the auction is finished, the final price will be the lowest price which got the quota. The remaining IOST will be returned by mail. For the failed bids, the unfrozen IOST will also be returned in mail. The factories will be sent to the warehouse of the winner.
- The player could bid for any number of factories, and the bidding will not limited by the right points or contribution value. However, when the factory is moved to parcel, the requirement will be checked and the construction will fail if the requirement does not meet.
- 70% of the auction income will go to the mining pool.
- Only the landlord of IOSTLAND could participate in auction
- Player could buy a newbie apartment from IOST Dream Apartment Community with 100 IOST. The apartment is located at the parcel with highest price in auction.
- Player could “Relax” and “Sleep” to recover Happiness and Energy. The player could relax once and sleep once in newbie apartment.
- Each house provides a private space. The owner could buy furniture and placed them in the house. The furniture will provide additional comfort level to the house. The higher comfort level will benefit in following way:
- To recover more happiness when relaxing
- To gain higher additional income when the owner collect fixed business value
- To get more system subsidy and work value
The players could build their only game scene in private space.
To gain a private space, the player need to buy the entry building with IOST, and put it on a parcel owned by the player itself. Then the owner could enter the space to design and configure.
New building “Alchemy Factory” is added.
- Alchemy Factory can not be traded, upgraded or destructed; no depreciation but can be recycled.
- All players can perform “Unstable Alchemy” at Alchemy Factory:
- Each time of Alchemy will consume 10 ordinary materials and 10 happiness. The type of materials to alchemize can be chosen by the players themselves. Each player can only alchemize 1 time per day at each Alchemy Factory.
- The Alchemy Factory can obtain 10 Stable Energy after each Alchemy. Each Alchemy Factory will reset 10 chances for Alchemy at 00:00 (UTC +8) every day, the chances used up in the day does not recover.
- Each time of Alchemy will convert every ordinary material consumed by the player into any ordinary material or high-tech material; and the player will get 10 materials, but the number of each type is variable.
e.g. A player consumed 10 timbers to perform “Unstable Alchemy” at a Alchemy Factory, he may have alchemized 10 timbers into 3 timbers, 3 stones, 3 steels and 1 high-tech material.
- Owner can perform “Energy Conversion” at Alchemy Factory:
- The owner of the Alchemy Factory can convert Stable Energy into a specified type of material. Each conversion of a ordinary material consume 1 energy, each conversion of a high-tech material consume 100 energy.
- Each Alchemy Factory can obtain up to 100 Stable Energy per day through Unstable Alchemy. Unconverted energy can be accumulated, but it will not exceed the upper limit of 1000 energy.
- The quantity of material is added to the properties of the Material Enhanced land.
e.g. If a owner of the Alchemy Factory which is placed in a Timber Enhanced land consumes 100 energy to convert into timbers, he can actually get 130 timbers, and it doesn’t affect the proportion of conversion when he want to convert into other materials.